Wyndales House

Symington, Biggar

A magnificent Edwardian Country House built in 1915 for Colonel Grierson and family, located in a wonderful rural setting with beautiful views to the front over the Clyde Valley, the property is set in its own defined garden grounds and is surrounded by countryside at the foot of the Tinto Hills.The property was converted into a country house hotel in about 1964 and enjoyed many years of successful operation under a variety of proprietors, eventually closing in 2006 on retirement.

Oakridge sympathetically restored the property retaining all its original features using traditional skills and materials. The extensive gardens were carefully lansdcaped including the relocation and replanting of 100 year old Rhododendruns to their former glory.The property was sold in 2010 and is now a privately owned home.

[metaslider id=180]